Find a Post by label

Monday, October 12, 2015

Blue Tree Goes Back To School

Hey guys! The Spring break is almost over in Australia, and I have to go back to school for the last term, so I thought I would write a post of back to school tips that I have picked up in my first semester and half of high school.

1. You can study and have a social life
Looking back, at the beginning of the school year, I thought that you had to sacrifice your soul to study and not have a life outside of school. I discovered (after two all nighters) that you have to have balance (a school and social life). I play netball (we WON the grand finals!), volleyball and am about to start swimming again because it's almost summer, outside of school so time management is important for me. 

2. Things will get crazy busy
If you've even been in high school for a week, you will know how many assignments, tests and pracs there are! To help manage this I used an assessment calendar, which I downloaded from my school website. Most schools have an assessment calendar available on the school website. I also used a Google Chrome web app called myHomework, which is a digital diary for assignments and homework which helps me a lot, as my school is a laptop school. I would highly recommend myHomework to students of all ages.

3. Drama! happens
Like every highschooler you will probably experience friendship drama of some sort. It can get serious, so if what started to be just a little thing turns into bullying make sure to talk to someone ASAP. In fights, always try to be the best person you can be, and discuss and talk things out. Always remember that the people hardest to love probably need it the most, and put yourself in the others shoes, to understand why they might be upset. 

Hope these little pieces of advice helped someone. If you are having any problems, just send me an email at bluetreeab@outlook.com or leave a comment.
What do you do to cope during the busy terms?
xxx A


No comments:

Post a Comment