Find a Post by label

Monday, January 4, 2016

A beginners guide to scapbooking.

Hi All, it's C here,
In the last few weeks I have become interested in scrapbooking. I have done a lot of research and found that it can become difficult and stressful to find the best product as there are so many out there. Hopefully this guide will stop you from having to research painfully to find a product that will suit you;
1. The scrapbook-
I looked into several different products such as SMASH journals and project life albums but I was unwilling to invest $15-$30 on a scrapbook when I still wasn't really sure what I wanted. If you have looked at these products and are sure that that is what you want you can purchase them and still follow the rest of this guide. In the end I brought a composition book from the local office supply store for $2.

2. Accessories (stickers, cards and other supplies)
After purchasing this book I needed some accessories to fill it with. I didn't research this as much but I am happy with the product I have ended up with. I ended up purchasing a project life picturesque edition card set which came with almost 600 different cards. Some cards have space around a cute design for your thoughts and others have an adorable image with an inspiring quote or word on it. These cards have made the process so much easier and have helped me rid the blank page syndrome that is often associated with scrapbooking. I also used a notepad of small scrapbook paper, origami colour in a variety of colours, a glue stick and some scrapbook photo dots.

3. Photos
Next up I printed some photos from the local office supplies store. I printed them in standard photo size. You could print your photos from Instagram in a similar way.

4. What goes in the scrapbook
I have chosen to make my scrapbook a 2016 scrapbook (probably lasting about half the year, as when school resumes I will not be scrapbooking everyday) but you could do anything; a special occasion, a family book or perhaps a special holiday.

Tips
1. If you are doing a daily journal and there isn't really anything to say about that day you could choose one of your favourite photos and talk about that instead.
2. Covering the scrapbook in contact will help protect it.
3. Doodling around the photos and cards will help add interest
4. You don't have to add scrapbook paper to every page! Save it for the special ones.
5. I would recommend trying a project like this before investing in an expensive scrapbooking kit.
I would love to see your photos of your scrapbooks! Hopefully I will be posting some soon.
I will be happy to answer any questions you have in the comments.
xxxC

No comments:

Post a Comment